from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The male organ of copulation in higher vertebrates. In mammals, it also serves as the male organ of urinary excretion.
- noun Any of various copulatory organs in males of lower animals.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The male organ of copulation; the intromittent or copulatory organ of the male sex of any animal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Anat.) The erectile external sexual organ of males, used in copulation, and in mammals, also for urination.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun anatomy The male
sexual organfor copulationand urination; the tubular portion of the male genitalia(excluding the scrotum).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the male organ of copulation (`member' is a euphemism)
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin pēnis; see pes- in Indo-European roots.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin pēnis ("tail, penis"), from Proto-Indo-European *pes-. Displaced native English pintle.
Sorry, no example sentences found.