from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A blanketlike cloak having a hole in the center for the head.
- n. A similar garment having a hood used as a raincoat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A simple garment, made from a rectangle of cloth, with a slit in the middle for the head.
- n. A similar waterproof garment, with a hood.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of cloak worn by the Spanish Americans, having the form of a blanket, with a slit in the middle for the head to pass through. A kind of poncho made of rubber or painted cloth is used by the mounted troops in the United States service.
- n. A trade name for camlets, or stout worsteds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sort of cloak or loose garment worn by the South American Indians, and also by many of the Spanish inhabitants of South America and Mexico.
- n. A trade-name for camlet or strong worsted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a blanket-like cloak with a hole in the center for the head
Time to start making sure my rain poncho is in my backpack.
A flag with a hole cut in it and worn as a poncho is a flag being used as wearing apparel.
The word "poncho" can conjure up visions of the Old West or of a garbage bag with a circle cut through the top -- a common solution for rainy-day recess or unexpected showers during a marathon.
The word "poncho" can conjure up visions of the Old West or of a garbage bag with a circle cut through the top - a common solution for rainy day recess or unexpected showers during a marathon.
A poncho is just a cape that goes all the way around.
The sad truth is that most men would probably think that Jimmy Choo is a noodle joint and would not know a poncho from a kimono.
Yes | No | Report from huntcamp wrote 31 weeks 2 days ago toilet paper, bug spray, hatchet, rain poncho cause it always rains when I go camping.
The long hooded milky poncho is actually made from the softest sweatshirt fabric.
The poncho is to keep you dry and warm for a very short period of time while you wait for the Calvary to come swooping in after pushing the 911 on your “SPOT”!
I have now made one very interesting looking poncho from a pretty hankie for the favourite dolly of the moment, but I am going to keep looking for proper clothes.