from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Causing repugnance or aversion; disgusting. synonym: offensive.
- adjective Tending to repel or drive off.
- adjective Physics Of or relating to repulsion.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Acting so as to repel or drive away; exercising repulsion; repelling.
- Serving or tending to deter or forbid approach or familiarity; repellent; forbidding: grossly or coarsely offensive to taste or feeling; causing intense aversion with disgust.
- Synonyms Offensive, disgusting, sickening, revolting, shocking.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Serving, or able, to repulse; repellent.
- adjective Cold; forbidding; offensive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective tending to rouse
aversionor to repulse
- adjective physics having the
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective so extremely ugly as to be terrifying
- adjective possessing the ability to repel
- adjective offensive to the mind
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
These guys make me laugh, it does seem abit silly using the 3D technology on a film like this, im sure its going to take the term repulsive to the next level.
Still to come, an evangelical minister caught up in a gay sex scandal, bears what he calls the repulsive and dark side of his soul.
“Is it the case that a male who finds the thought of males having sex repulsive is simply exhibiting learned behaviour?”
Is it the case that a male who finds the thought of males having sex repulsive is to be vilified?
“Is it the case that a male who finds the thought of males having sex repulsive is to be vilified?”
What I find repulsive is that the Court goes out of its way to diminish the importance of the right to self-preservation.
Is it the case that a male who finds the thought of males having sex repulsive is simply exhibiting learned behaviour? on January 13, 2009 at 9: 59 am | Reply jaegerdude
Other people may have found Barack using wounded troops for political gain repulsive, and he is, is nothing else, politically savvy. — yeah right
Whatâ€ ™ s truly inexcusable, truly morally repulsive, is telling people it happened.
The fact that you or others may find her repulsive is really besides the point.