from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing repugnance or aversion; disgusting. See Synonyms at offensive.
- adj. Tending to repel or drive off.
- adj. Physics Opposing in direction: a repulsive force.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. tending to rouse aversion or to repulse
- adj. having the capacity to repel
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Serving, or able, to repulse; repellent.
- adj. Cold; forbidding; offensive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Acting so as to repel or drive away; exercising repulsion; repelling.
- Serving or tending to deter or forbid approach or familiarity; repellent; forbidding: grossly or coarsely offensive to taste or feeling; causing intense aversion with disgust.
- Synonyms Offensive, disgusting, sickening, revolting, shocking.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. so extremely ugly as to be terrifying
- adj. possessing the ability to repel
- adj. offensive to the mind
These guys make me laugh, it does seem abit silly using the 3D technology on a film like this, im sure its going to take the term repulsive to the next level.
Still to come, an evangelical minister caught up in a gay sex scandal, bears what he calls the repulsive and dark side of his soul.
What I find repulsive is that the Court goes out of its way to diminish the importance of the right to self-preservation.
“Is it the case that a male who finds the thought of males having sex repulsive is simply exhibiting learned behaviour?”
Is it the case that a male who finds the thought of males having sex repulsive is to be vilified?
“Is it the case that a male who finds the thought of males having sex repulsive is to be vilified?”
Is it the case that a male who finds the thought of males having sex repulsive is simply exhibiting learned behaviour? on January 13, 2009 at 9: 59 am | Reply jaegerdude
Other people may have found Barack using wounded troops for political gain repulsive, and he is, is nothing else, politically savvy. — yeah right
Whatâ€ ™ s truly inexcusable, truly morally repulsive, is telling people it happened.
The fact that you or others may find her repulsive is really besides the point.