from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To wander about at random, especially over a wide area; roam.
- transitive v. To roam or wander around, over, or through. See Synonyms at wander.
- n. An act of wandering about, over, around, or through.
- transitive v. To card (wool).
- transitive v. To put (fibers) through an eye or opening.
- transitive v. To stretch and twist (fibers) before spinning; ravel out.
- n. A slightly twisted and extended fiber or sliver.
- v. Nautical A past tense and a past participle of reeve2.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To shoot with arrows (at).
- v. To roam, or wander about at random, especially over a wide area.
- v. To card wool or other fibres.
- v. Simple past of rive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A copper washer upon which the end of a nail is clinched in boat building.
- n. A roll or sliver of wool or cotton drawn out and slighty twisted, preparatory to further process; a roving.
- n. The act of wandering; a ramble.
- intransitive v. To practice robbery on the seas; to wander about on the seas in piracy.
- intransitive v. Hence, to wander; to ramble; to rauge; to go, move, or pass without certain direction in any manner, by sailing, walking, riding, flying, or otherwise.
- intransitive v. To shoot at rovers; hence, to shoot at an angle of elevation, not at point-blank (rovers usually being beyond the point-blank range).
- transitive v. To draw through an eye or aperture.
- transitive v. To draw out into flakes; to card, as wool.
- transitive v. To twist slightly; to bring together, as slivers of wool or cotton, and twist slightly before spinning.
- transitive v. To wander over or through.
- transitive v. To plow into ridges by turning the earth of two furrows together.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To wander at pleasure or without definite aim; pass the time in going about freely; range at random, or as accident or fancy may determine; roam; ramble.
- To aim, as in archery or other sport, especially at some accidental or casual mark. See roving mark, below.
- To act the rover; lead a wandering life of robbery, especially on the high seas; rob.
- To have rambling thoughts; be in a delirium; rave; be light-headed; hence, to be in high spirits; be full of fun and frolic. [Scotch.]
- Synonyms Roam, Wander, etc. See ramble, v.
- To wander over; roam about.
- . To discharge or shoot, as an arrow, at rovers, or in roving. See rover, 5.
- To plow into ridges, as a field, by turning one furrow upon another.
- To draw through an eye or aperture; bring, as wool or cotton, into the form which it receives before being spun into thread; card into flakes. as wool, etc.; slub; sliver.
- To draw out into thread; ravel out.
- In mech., to turn; make round: said particularly of turning stone: as, to rove a millstone.
- n. The act of roving; a ramble; a wandering.
- n. A roll of wool, cotton, etc., drawn out and slightly twisted; a slub.
- n. A diamond-shaped washer placed over the end of a rove clench-nail, which is riveted down upon it.
- n. Preterit and past participle of reeve.
- n. An obsolete form of roof.
- n. A unit of weight, the arroba, formerly used in England.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
Karl rove is a deranged twisted freak of a pathological liar who comes from a very twisted pathological family background.
Bozo The Neoclown says: porky pig rove is a punk condemned to the bowels of irrelevancy … pox news.
If (Porkey) rove is so smart and is in touch with the people, why doesn't he take his own advice and run for office?
April 28th, 2008 5: 38 pm ET if obama accepts rove's advice, would he be willing to cross party lines, and give obama his endorsement? rove is probably trying to influence the nomination process, but, who cares?
“If it happens I will celebrateâ€ ¦ not a second before.” my sentiments exactly … rove is perhaps the most transcendentally evil personage in the entire bushco rogues gallery with the possible exception of dick cheney … he needs to be put out of commission – permanently …
When … rove is indited, I will kiss my cat, right on the lips … and she hates that!
KKKarl rove is so crooked he has to screw his pants on. dumbyaâ€ ™ s smarmy school marm wife murdered her highschool boyfriend. dumbya is a deserter. dumbya was AWOL. dumbya is STUPID. dumby will be impeached. get a clue and go away.
KKKarl rove is so crooked he has to screw his pants on. crash-cart cheeney has no heart, and engineered this war with some of the other criminals you will no doubt be defending later. war crimes are being committed by these nazis, and you sit back and call someone else a fool.
Which suggest that rove is trying to divert the blame to someone else.
Face the truth - Even if rove is shot for treason, almost half of the USA electorate is far too stupid to ever understand the CONCEPT of treason, and most of the other half, is far too stupid to get off their ass and vote.