from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To make an error or a mistake.
- intransitive v. To violate accepted moral standards; sin.
- intransitive v. Archaic To stray.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make a mistake.
- v. To sin.
- v. to stray.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To wander; to roam; to stray.
- intransitive v. To deviate from the true course; to miss the thing aimed at.
- intransitive v. To miss intellectual truth; to fall into error; to mistake in judgment or opinion; to be mistaken.
- intransitive v. To deviate morally from the right way; to go astray, in a figurative sense; to do wrong; to sin.
- intransitive v. To offend, as by erring.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To wander; go in a devious and uncertain course.
- To deviate from the true course or purpose; hence, to wander from truth or from the path of duty; depart from rectitude; go astray morally.
- To go astray in thought or belief; be mistaken; blunder; misapprehend.
- To mislead; cause to deviate from truth or rectitude.
- To miss; mistake.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. to make a mistake or be incorrect
- v. wander from a direct course or at random
Having argued that the right of slavery, if it exist, implies the right to shoot and murder an enlightened neighbor, with a view to reduce his wife and children to a state of servitude, as well as to crush their intellectual and moral nature in order to keep them in such a state, the author adds, "If I err in making these inferences, I _err innocently_."
; if (count ($err)) $_SESSION [ 'msg'] [ 'reg-err']
To err is human, to be intentionally wrong all the time requires a liberal!
In lieu of a Guassian distribution of the results, 12% of pollsters felt that 34% of statisticians are in err if applying any type of Geiger's method toward normalization of the results.
To err is human, but to pass judgement on other people is to leave one to judged.
This health care bill is subject to much corruption as if we didn't learn from the recent mistakes of stimulus plan that the Democrats push and are in err of reporting the job they save.
To err is human, this is my last spasm of carping about this-I need the pins out of the dolls to hold my pants together.
To err is human, as the old cliché goes, and I think those points at which we all err in the book are the very things that will draw people in.
Even the best intentioned will sometimes blunder; but as Alexander Pope impeccably said: "To err is human; to forgive, divine."
I know you people will too, in err, ignorant of or disregarding the god's laws, but the difference was THE GODS WILL ASK THEM!!!