from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The den or dwelling of a wild animal.
- n. A den or hideaway.
- n. Obsolete A resting place; a couch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A place inhabited by a wild animal, often a cave or a hole in the ground.
- n. A place inhabited by a criminal or criminals, a superhero or a supervillain.
- v. To mire.
- v. To become mired.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A place in which to lie or rest; especially, the bed or couch of a wild beast.
- n. A burying place.
- n. A pasture; sometimes, food.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To sink when wading in snow, mud, or quagmire.
- To put or have put in a lair or den.
- To shelter; hold as in a lair.
- To lie (on); rest inactively.
- To enter a lair; lie down (in); lurk.
- n. A place in which to lie or rest; a bed; a couch: now used only of, or with figurative reference to, the den or resting-place of a wild beast.
- n. A litter, as of rabbits; a stock.
- n. An open pasture; a field.
- n. Aportion of a burying-ground affording space sufficient for one or more graves; a burial-plot.
- n. A Scotch form of lore.
- n. Clay; earth.
- n. Mire; a bog; a quagmire.
- n. Soil; land; ground: in this sense probably confused with lair, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the habitation of wild animals
Remember Maxine D-CA that the CIA and Regan are infecting black people with aids. calling a man a lair is a lot different than accuseing one of Murder.
Not sure how your failure to find more information than wikipedia or the supposed anecdotal evidence of a proven lair is interesting exactly.
Eugene Debs sponsered by the Church of the presumptious assumption says: by the way shitweasel it isnt that lair is our favorite word just a very useful word when describing the rightwing MORONS like you that lie constantly
Hmm … I bet his secret lair is something out of Star Wars … the part with the Rancor.
Last year he dispatched troops into Swat and South Waziristan to oust the Taliban from their mountain lair; more recently, he helped the US increase drone strikes.
Tasteful, elegant furnishings, bedding, furniture and everything home; this spacious lair is one stop shopping.
He has no money for beer, and his lair is only for sleeping purposes, so what else remains for him to do?
The developers started down the right path: Bush's evil lair is hidden underneath an abandoned port-a-potty out in the middle of the desert.
I would just like to announce that the underwater lair is closed because of mold infestation, so we'll have to have our monthly infant sacrifice ritual at the volcano hideout for the rest of the year.
Although the lair is behind closed doors, the conversation is hushed, for brother could be lurking.