from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An area where rabbits live in burrows.
- n. A colony of rabbits. See Synonyms at flock1.
- n. An enclosure for small game animals.
- n. An overcrowded living area.
- n. A mazelike place where one may easily become lost: a warren of narrow, dark alleys and side streets.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The system of burrows where rabbits live.
- n. A mazelike place of dark alleys etc in which it's easy to lose oneself; especially one that may be overcrowded.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A place privileged, by prescription or grant the king, for keeping certain animals (as hares, conies, partridges, pheasants, etc.) called beasts and fowls of warren.
- n. A privilege which one has in his lands, by royal grant or prescription, of hunting and taking wild beasts and birds of warren, to the exclusion of any other person not entering by his permission.
- n. A piece of ground for the breeding of rabbits.
- n. A place for keeping flash, in a river.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A piece of ground appropriated to the breeding and preservation of rabbits or other game: a place where rabbits abound.
- n. In English law, a franchise or place privileged by prescription or grant from the crown, for keeping beasts and fowls of warren, which are hares, rabbits, partridges, and pheasants, though some add quails, woodcocks, and waterfowl.
- n. A preserve for fish in a river.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States writer and poet (1905-1989)
- n. a colony of rabbits
- n. an overcrowded residential area
- n. a series of connected underground tunnels occupied by rabbits
- n. United States jurist who served as chief justice of the United States Supreme Court (1891-1974)
Even though the characters are rabbits, their journey to find a new warren is incredibly gripping.
They were admitted into the main warren in full standing.
After the warren is settled, their adventures continue.
January 21, 2007 at 6: 41 pm | Reply dr. neil clark warren is the guy from the eharmony commercials who says he created eharmony. so now, the guy created another site and is using eharmony to pimp it. i doubt any money is being exchanged as they are both his sites.
He rode Dino Chretien’s coat tails to a mediocre fame and now Dino is, like a month away from pissing his Depends and eating Pablum in a nursing home poor widdle warren is left without any coat tails to ride.
As Robert Murat along with 19 other people invaded a small recessed corridor similar to army billets as 5A, C, D, then the warren is a run.
Apparently, they've all been moved to a basement "warren" called "Cubicle City," where the conditions are cramped and crowded and despairing, like life on board the Battlestar Galactica: "We have 82 members who do not have an office," said House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer D-Md.
Apparently, they've all been moved to a basement "warren" called "Cubicle City," where the conditions are cramped and crowded and despairing, like life on board the Battlestar Galactica:
I then took my gun and strolled out in the direction of the Boscombe Pool, with the intention of visiting the rabbit - warren which is upon the other side.
I think showing them the differences in the warrens will help us to build the kind of warren here in our home that we desire, more like Watership Down than any of the others.