from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To walk with short, unsteady steps.
- intransitive v. To walk leisurely; stroll.
- n. An unsteady gait.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To walk unsteadily, as a small child does.
- v. To walk in a carefree manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A toddling walk.
- intransitive v. To walk with short, tottering steps, as a child.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To walk feebly; walk with short, tottering steps, as a child or an old man: said especially of children just beginning to walk.
- Synonyms See waddle.
- n. The act of toddling; an uncertain gait with short or feeble steps.
- n. A walk taken in a toddling fashion, as by a child or an invalid; loosely, a careless stroll.
- n. A toddler.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. walk unsteadily
I mean, this is the First World War and no one’s going anywhere, but Toklas and Stein toddle off to the passport office and Stein talks the officials into a corner and the next thing you know, they’re arriving in Palma.
Lady Molesworth and I have not begun to "toddle" yet, but have exchanged affectionate greetings.
Parents will also be advised to encourage their babies to "toddle" as soon as they can and to avoid sugary snacks in a drive to cut obesity.
A short toddle into the danger zoneTweens: Cooler than ever, but is childhood lost?
All these are men who have decided that they're not quite ready to commit and women should just toddle off and do their own thing and take that strange ticking noise with them.
But the littlest of the little ones are the worst, the ones who crawl or toddle along unsteady on little feet until they're out of sight in the crowd.
Then why don't you toddle on over to Allen and Unwin, click on "Read an Extract" (under "More About This Book") and download yourself the PDF!
You might learn in time to stand on your own legs, and perhaps to toddle along a bit.
He had been my father's servant before I could toddle, and after my father's death
April 19th, 2010 at 3: 43 pm ebbAndflow says: rosie red meet Romartin16985 – now the two of you toddle off and play nice.