from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To flow or fall in drops or in a thin stream.
- intransitive v. To move or proceed slowly or bit by bit: The audience trickled in.
- transitive v. To cause to trickle.
- n. The act or condition of trickling.
- n. A slow, small, or irregular quantity that moves, proceeds, or occurs intermittently.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A very thin river.
- n. A very thin flow; the act of trickling.
- v. to pour a liquid in a very thin stream, or so that drops fall continuously
- v. to flow in a very thin stream or drop continuously
- v. To move or roll slowly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To flow in a small, gentle stream; to run in drops.
- n. The act or state of trickling; also, that which trickles; a small stream; drip.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To flow in a small interrupted stream; run down in drops: as, water trickles from the eaves.
- To let fall a liquid in drops or small broken streams; drip.
- To pass or flow gently like a small stream.
- To cause to trickle; pour or shed in small, slow streams.
- n. A trickling stream; a rill.
- n. See the quotation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. flowing in drops; the formation and falling of drops of liquid
- v. run or flow slowly, as in drops or in an unsteady stream
Then a plastic over that, and then in that is a what they call a trickle line or hose.
This is what I call trickle down news, because we receive it after its been edited, re-edited, chewed, regurgitated and totally disguised.
For now, the fact that a lot of national borrowing is denominated in U.S. dollars is leading to what we call trickle-up wealth destruction.
Show me a trickle up theory that has ever been proven to work, and I'll quit believing in trickle down!
Only morons still believe in trickle-down economics.
Funny, we believe in 'trickle-down' spending and growth if it's coming from the government side, but we don't believe that cutting taxes works – if you're a democrat, that is. please go away, obama
In the republican party, the most qualified people in trickle up to the corner office in all their glory.
"The trickle from a few days ago ... is about to be a fire hose today," Maj.
A trickle is fine, as it can eventually turn into a flood.
So you're telling me that if everyone with the ability to comprehend would look at the issues, they would be anti-choice on abortion, against gay rights, would believe in trickle-down economics, would be evangelical christian all the rest of the pure bullshit that makes up Republican dogma at this point?