from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Impossible to account for; inexplicable.
- adjective Free from accountability; not responsible.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Not to be accounted for; not explicable; not to be explained by reason or by the knowledge possessed; inexplicable; hence, strange.
- Not subject to account or control; not subject to answer; not responsible.
- Not to be counted; countless; innumerable.
- Synonyms Mysterious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Not accountable or responsible; free from control.
- adjective Not to be accounted for; inexplicable; not consonant with reason or rule; strange; mysterious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
inexplicable; unableto accountfor, or explain
- adjective not
responsible; freefrom accountabilityor control
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective free from control or responsibility
- adjective not to be accounted for or explained
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
un- + accountable
Sorry, no example sentences found.