from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To make an
audience enthusiasticor animatedbefore a show
- verb transitive To reach a normal
operating temperature(of a car for example)
- verb transitive To
- verb intransitive To become warmer
- verb intransitive To prepare for executing an already-learned activity by a limited amount of additional practice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb cause to do preliminary exercises so as to stretch the muscles
- verb get warm or warmer
- verb become more friendly or open
- verb run until the normal working temperature is reached
- verb make one's body limber or suppler by stretching, as if to prepare for strenuous physical activity
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.