from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- preposition In the company of; accompanying.
- preposition Next to; alongside of.
- preposition Having as a possession, attribute, or characteristic.
- preposition Used as a function word to indicate accompanying detail or condition.
- preposition In a manner characterized by.
- preposition In the performance, use, or operation of.
- preposition In the charge or keeping of.
- preposition In the opinion or estimation of.
- preposition In support of; on the side of.
- preposition Of the same opinion or belief as.
- preposition In the same group or mixture as; among.
- preposition In the membership or employment of.
- preposition By the means or agency of.
- preposition By the presence or use of.
- preposition In spite of.
- preposition In the same direction as.
- preposition At the same time as.
- preposition In regard to.
- preposition Used as a function word to indicate a party to an action, communicative activity, or informal agreement or settlement.
- preposition In comparison or contrast to.
- preposition Having received.
- preposition And; plus.
- preposition Inclusive of; including.
- preposition In opposition to; against.
- preposition As a result or consequence of.
- preposition So as to be touching or joined to.
- preposition So as to be free of or separated from.
- preposition In the course of.
- preposition In proportion to.
- preposition In relationship to.
- preposition As well as; in favorable comparison to.
- preposition According to the experience or practice of.
- preposition Used as a function word to indicate close association.
- adverb As company; along.
- idiom (in with) In league or association with.
- idiom (with it) Interested in and sensitive to the latest styles and trends; up-to-date.
- idiom (with it) Streetwise and knowing; savvy.
- idiom (with it) Mentally competent.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A prefix of Anglo-Saxon origin, meaning ‘against.’ It was formerly common, but of the Middle English words containing it only two remain in common use—withdraw and withhold.
- noun See
- Against: noting competition, opposition, or antagonism: as, to fight with the Romans (that is, against them); to vie with each other.
- Noting association or connection.
- Harmony, agreement, or alliance: as, one color may or may not go with another; to fight with the national troops; to side or vote with the reformers.
- Combination or composition: as, wine mixed with water.
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
We start of with a high degree of passion, probably still low on skills and oblivious of our special talents…..with time we discover ourselves and hone our skills….we reach a certain level of maturity when the market starts recongnising us.
Apparently, Blankenship is one of those guys who love to take risks -- with his own life and with the lives of others.
Promoted to Headline (H3) on 2/13/09: Terrorist in my home town 'with up so floating many bells down' yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'Terrorist in my home town \'with up so floating many bells down\' '; yahooBuzzArticleSummary =' Article: An out-of-work truckdriver brought a guitar case into a Unitarian church where I teach, pulled out a shotgun and shot eight people.
Take a picture of your motorcycle with Niagra Falls in the background and then MMS it to all your friends…..with an iPhone you are out of luck buddy.
And Kaza, if I find out you had something to do with my bewitched alarm clock...there it goes again..with my keyboa...
I have to disagree with solander- I quite likedalmost loved the Embargo scent..with a little less patchouli and lots more of white flowers and cloves it *would* have been love.
Cheap Thrills and Nostalgia: Villainess’ Jai Mahal and The Girls Love Marina Geigert 2008
When Obama called him on how he would maintain stability with an absence of any security in the region, he responded that he believed it was important to *work with* the region to build stability, to support that with regional force when necessary, and minimal US engagement - as policing - if necessary.
He Said, She Said, and a Third Wheel in the Corner Anxious Black Woman 2008
Lune-atic Yipsie comes with skin and shape with red horns ,..with and without candles red hair,..with and without flowers and bats with her bodytied skinsuit and her rats around her neck she can be found being lune-ing around touch pumpkin on table for lune-atic yipsie move
Archive 2008-11-01 Alpha Auer 2008
When the cake is cooled and on a platter, I brush it with a boiled glaze made of one cup brown sugar, 1/2 stick butter, 1/4 cup milk…..with an addition of a good splash of Jack Daniels whiskey!
The Punahou School has always had a vigorous jr ROTC program, and anyone with any interest in service as an officer after college or enlisted right after graduation from Punahou is encouraged to join jr ROTC as a valuable learning experience and to check out what skills and temperment are needed and if the Punahou student wishes to continue in jr ROTC for credits..with no service obligation.