from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Family of Venetian painters, including Jacopo (1400?-1470?), most of whose works have been lost, and his two sons, Gentile (1429?-1507) and Giovanni (1430?-1516). Giovanni, the most illustrious of the three, profoundly influenced the Venetian school of painting with his interest in light and color. His works include Saint Francis in Ecstasy.
- Bellini, Vincenzo 1801-1835. Italian composer whose operas include La Sonnambula and Norma (both 1831).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname.
- proper n. Vincenzo Bellini, Italian opera composer
- n. a cocktail made from Prosecco and peach juice
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Italian composer of operas (1801-1835)
Sorry, no etymologies found.