American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A Chinese dynasty that ruled from 557 to 589.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of Anserinæ; the snow-geese. The lamellæ of the bill are conspicuous by reason of the divergence of the edges of the mandibles, and the plumage is generally white, with black tips on the wings. C. hyperboreus inhabits northerly regions of both hemispheres.
- n. A taxonomic genus within the family Anatidae.
- n. A surname. of Chinese origin (Simplified Chinese: 陈, Traditional Chinese: 陳; pinyin: Chén).
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a wild goose having white adult plumage.
- n. wild goose having white adult plumage
“CHEN AGAIN: Former head of the investigation bureau Yeh Sheng-mao says he gave documents from money laundering monitoring organizations to Chen.”
“[Notes: NATS chen] Chen said her shelter is close to full capacity.”
“Da Chen is author of Sounds of the River (memoir).”
“Da Chen is a graduate of Columbia University Law School, which he attended on a full scholarship.”
“The passer-by, 66-year-old Lai Jiansheng, had been fed up with what he called Chen's”
“The passer-by, 66-year-old Lai Jiansheng, had been fed up with what he called Chen's "selfish activity," Xinhua said.”
“Pac Chen is a traditional Maya village off the beaten tourist track.”
As part of the Day of the Dead ceremonies in Pac Chen, pork is cooked overnight in an underground oven, or pib. The village shaman performs a ceremony as the food is uncovered. Pac Chen is a traditional Maya village off the beaten tourist track. © Jane Ammeson, 2009
“The phone eventually ended up at Gizmodo, which paid $5,000 to the person who found it, in Chen's words "to do the due diligence to make sure it was real.”
“The son of poor refugees from Shanghai, Chen is one of the most knowledgeable American business leaders on the inner workings of China.”
“John Chen is CEO of giant California-based software company Sybase.”
‘Chen’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Chen.