from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Hamites or their languages or cultures.
- n. A presumed language family formerly thought to include Egyptian and the Berber, Cushitic, and Chadic languages.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to the Hamites or to the Hamitic languages
- n. A group of languages spoken in Egypt and neighbouring countries
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to Ham or his descendants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Ham, one of the sons of Noah (Gen. x.), or to any of the races considered to be his descendants.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a group of languages in northern Africa related to Semitic
Sorry, no etymologies found.