from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or inhabiting the ocean waters between the low tide mark and a depth of about a hundred fathoms (200 meters): neritic plankton.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing a marine environment of shallow waters
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to the belt or region of shallow water adjoining the seacost.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the water near the coast, as contrasted with the high sea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to the region of shallow water adjoining the seacoast
- adj. of or relating to the region of the sea over the continental shelf which is less than 200 meters deep
German neritisch, perhaps ultimately from Nereus, Nereus.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)