from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of philosophy that deals with the nature and expression of beauty, as in the fine arts.
- n. In Kantian philosophy, the branch of metaphysics concerned with the laws of perception.
- n. The study of the psychological responses to beauty and artistic experiences.
- n. A conception of what is artistically valid or beautiful: minimalist aesthetics.
- n. An artistically beautiful or pleasing appearance: "They're looking for quality construction, not aesthetics” ( Ron Schram).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study or philosophy of beauty.
From aesthetic + -ics. (Wiktionary)