from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The beliefs, tastes, or lifestyle of an epicure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Epicureanism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The doctrines of Epicurus.
- n. Epicurean habits of living; luxury.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. [cap. or lowercase] The doctrine of Epicurus, that enjoyment, or the pursuit of pleasure in life, is the chief good; Epicureanism.
- n. By extension, luxury or indulgence in gross pleasure; sensual enjoyment; voluptuousness. See epicure, n., 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the disposition and habits of an epicure
Sorry, no etymologies found.