from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To arrange in alphabetical order.
- transitive v. To supply with an alphabet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To arrange items (i.e. words) in order of the first (and subsequent) letters as they appear in the alphabet.
- v. Alternative spelling of alphabetise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To arrange alphabetically.
- transitive v. To furnish with an alphabet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To arrange alphabetically.
- To express by alphabetic characters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. arrange in alphabetical order
- v. provide with an alphabet
Sorry, no etymologies found.