American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To arrange in alphabetical order.
- v. To supply with an alphabet.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To arrange alphabetically.
- To express by alphabetic characters.
- v. US, Canada To arrange items (i.e. words) in order of the first (and subsequent) letters as they appear in the alphabet.
- v. alternative spelling of alphabetise.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To arrange alphabetically.
- v. To furnish with an alphabet.
- v. arrange in alphabetical order
- v. provide with an alphabet
“All she really had to do was file and alphabetize.”
“AllMail (with preceding period) which will alphabetize to the top of the list.”
“He can alphabetize spelling words and find the main idea of a paragraph.”
“Laurel, a pretty and perky brunette who finds it calming to riffle through card catalogs and likes to alphabetize books for fun, laments the fact that motherhood has forced her to curtail her reading.”
“Better to scrub my floors and alphabetize my spice jars.”
““Whoever took Jess hung around long enough to alphabetize the CDs.””
“I'm trying to figure out an easy way to alphabetize the list.”
“The user can click on the labels: "title," "subject" and "description," in order to alphabetize the collection by that label chosen.”
“She began to alphabetize the dishes they had served that day: applesauce, carrots, cranberries… What else?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘alphabetize’.
Words that describe other words
Looking for tweets for alphabetize.