from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A colorless, volatile liquid, C9H13N, used as a central nervous system stimulant in the treatment of certain conditions, such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression, and narcolepsy, and abused illegally as a stimulant.
- n. A derivative of amphetamine, such as dextroamphetamine or a phosphate or sulfate of amphetamine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. 1-phenyl-2-propylamine; a colourless volatile liquid; any of its derivatives.
- n. A class of drugs used as a stimulant of the central nervous system in the treatment of ADHD, depression, and narcolepsy, and abused illegally as a stimulant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a central nervous system stimulant that increases energy and decreases appetite; used to treat narcolepsy and some forms of depression
The judge said Zakrzewski's long-term amphetamine abuse and lack of insight into his actions made him a danger to the public.
Malanga, a silver fox, reminisced about the "dawn patrol," what he called the amphetamine subculture: "We'd be up all night.
Recent shortages of Adderall XR and its generic equivalents, also known as amphetamine mixed salts, as well as of methylphenidate, a generic version of the brand-name drug Ritalin, have been reported in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Minnesota, Washington state and elsewhere.
Shire's ability to supply the product had been limited by restrictions that the US Drug Enforcement Administration ( "DEA") places on amphetamine, which is the product's active ingredient.
He was suspended early in the season after he took something to stay awake for a long drive that included amphetamine, which is on the NFL's banned substances list.
Doctors prescribe Adderall, also known as amphetamine or speed, to children.
One batch actually contained amphetamine, which is an addictive drug.
Drug Enforcement Administration places on amphetamine, which is the product's active ingredient.
In similar ways to stimulant drugs such as amphetamine, clenbuterol can have short-term stimulant effects, including increasing aerobic capacity, blood pressure and alertness.
They steal the metal to get money for crank amphetamine which is very popular among meth addicts.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.