from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several chiefly tropical American birds of the genus Crotophaga, related to the cuckoo and having black plumage and a long tail.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bird of the genus Crotophaga in the cuckoo family.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A black bird of tropical America, the West Indies and Florida (Crotophaga ani), allied to the cuckoos, having a compressed, bladelike bill and remarkable for communistic nesting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bird of the genus Crotophaga, sub-family Crotophaginæ, and family Cuculidæ, inhabiting the warmer parts of America.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. black tropical American cuckoo
March 22, 2006 at 1: 05 pm hi shane my mums a carer n wrked with a girl that used 2 live near u i think ur gr8 u probaly aint takin ani notice of this bt itz wrth a try tlkin 2 u plzz email me
Sinon aussi vous pouvez me faire un don a moi-meme par paypal ou cheque afin d'acquerir ma sublime BJD "Luts Delf Kid Boy" ani "" ...
It does still require the specially crafted ".ani" file to get onto the local system, but these days that still isn't that hard I don't think.
Chersi ` d 'ani'ptoisi Di leth'bein ai'thopa oinon
* Chersi ` d 'ani'ptoisi Di leth'bein ai'thopa oinon:  1
He mea pā'ani 'o ia no Lahainaluna, a ma ke kau nei i hala, he 15.3 āna' ai o ka ho'okūkū, a he 9.1 lālau.
There are all kinds of little anomalies like this in the Games; I had to play Football using androids termed ani - mals, with robots for referees. "
Yes | No | Report from mattreney wrote 36 weeks 4 days ago funny how no one is realy suprised at Obamas failure to act. now if it was the soldiers killing the ani-american of course we would hear about how outraged Obama is and it wouldnt just be a small write-up in the local paper
But hoda'ah is also associated with recognition of finitude, with recognition of our natural human limitations which should impel us to declare ani modeh or ani modah -- I admit to my failings.
Being a middle aged curmudgeonly old cynic I naturally find home in the ani-establishment camp.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.