from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. The vitality of good health.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The theorized ‘spirits’ or physiological principles which allowed for sensation and voluntary movement.
- n. Liveliness, vivacity, a happy tendency to action.
- n. After Keynes (citation 1936, above), the emotional and intuitive factors that drive business decisions whether to make investment gambles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See under Spirit.
- n. Physical health and energy; frolicsomeness; sportiveness.
Sorry, no etymologies found.