from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person or group of persons, usually armed, responsible for the safety of one or more other persons.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person or group of persons, often armed, responsible for protecting an individual.
- v. To act as bodyguard for (someone); figuratively, to protect.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A guard or group of guards to protect or defend the person; a lifeguard.
- n. Retinue; attendance; following.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who protects or defends the person; a life-guard; collectively, the guard charged with the protection of some person, as a prince or an officer; hence, retinue; attendance; following.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. accompany and protect from physical harm
- n. someone who escorts and protects a prominent person
- n. a group of men who escort and protect some important person
body + guard (Wiktionary)