from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To succeed in doing something considered to be very difficult.
- v. To rescue; to liberate.
- v. To bring away from; to bring by boat from a ship, a wreck, the shore, etc.
- v. To prove; to demonstrate; to show clearly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. be successful; achieve a goal
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.