from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The purchase of the entire holdings or interests of an owner or investor.
- n. The purchase of a company or business: "If the workers do approve the buyout, their company will become the nation's largest employee-owned enterprise” ( Harry Anderson).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The acquisition of a controlling interest in a business or corporation by outright purchase or by purchase of a majority of issued shares of stock.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the acquisition of ownership of a company by purchasing a controlling percentage of its stock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. acquisition of a company by purchasing a controlling percentage of its stock
Sorry, no etymologies found.