from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To visit (a person); to pay a call to.
- v. To select (a student).
- v. To request or ask something of (a person); to select for a task.
- v. To correct; to point out an error or untruth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. have recourse to or make an appeal or request for help or information to
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.