from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dense thicket of cane.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dense thicket of sugarcane, bamboo or similar plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a thicket of canes. See Canebrake.
- n. A thicket of canes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A thicket of canes; in the United States, a tract of land thickly overgrown with Arundinaria.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a dense growth of cane (especially giant cane)
Sorry, no etymologies found.