from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman hired to do cleaning or similar work, usually in a large building.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woman employed to do housework.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A woman hired for odd work or for single days.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A woman hired to do chares or odd work, or to work by the day.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a human female employed to do housework
char + woman. (Wiktionary)