from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chromium or a chromium alloy.
- n. Something plated with a chromium alloy.
- n. A pigment containing chromium.
- transitive v. To plate with chromium.
- transitive v. To tan or dye with a chromium compound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Another name for chromium when used to plate other metals.
- n. The basic structural elements used in a graphical user interface, such as window frames and scroll bars, as opposed to the content.
- v. To plate with chrome.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as chromium.
- transitive v. To treat with a solution of potassium bichromate, as in dyeing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In dyeing, to subject to a bath of bichromate of potash.
- n. Chromium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. plate with chromium
- v. treat with a chromium compound
- n. another word for chromium when it is used in dyes or pigments
the thing is, chrome, *chrome*. having a wunderbar that i can just instantly search from is just so tempting. were i to switch back to firefox, making yahoo the default search would be a lot simpler.
A flat-bottom design with a massive recoil lug, the Model 1999 comes in chrome-moly or stainless steel, in right - or left-hand configurations.
Oh, and might i say that Google chrome is NOT perfect.
I was wondering if anyone knew what modifications, if any, need to be made to user script for it to work in chrome xor24
Just checked ctrl-e in chrome, it puts a question mark at the start of the bar automatically to let chrome know it is a query.
The satin chrome front grille, mirrors and rear boot-lid garnish add to the clean, crisp image.
Satin chrome accents tie in with the exterior and add to the tranquil environment.
The heater is made of steel and available in chrome and in bright colors.
However, Nashville chrome is actually a sound that changed country music about the time those Cadillacs were on the road.
For those of you who don't want to make the leap to IE8, you can use "Incognito Mode" in chrome to get something similar to this feature.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.