from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Climate: in search of warmer climes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A particular region as defined by its weather or climate.
- n. Climate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A climate; a tract or region of the earth. See climate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete variant of climb.
- n. A tract or region of the earth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the weather in some location averaged over some long period of time
Middle English, region of the earth, from Late Latin clima, from Greek klima; see climate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)