from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A coxswain.
- transitive v. To act as coxswain or serve as coxswain for.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A coxswain of a boat, especially of a racing crew.
- v. To act as coxswain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A coxcomb; a simpleton; a gull.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A coxcomb.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the helmsman of a ship's boat or a racing crew
- n. either of two related enzymes that control the production of prostaglandins and are blocked by aspirin
- v. act as the coxswain, in a boat race
Sorry, no etymologies found.