from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The human skull as a symbol of mortality or death.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A human skull, as symbol of death.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A naked human skull as the emblem of death; the head of the conventional personification of death.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The skull of a human skeleton, or a figure or painting representing such a skull.
- n. Specifically, in the sixteenth century, a ring with a death's-head on it.
- n. A name of one of the saimiri or titi monkeys of South America, Chrysothrix sciureus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a human skull (or a representation of a human skull) used as a symbol of death
Sorry, no etymologies found.