American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To make or become wet and soiled by dragging; draggle.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To draggle; make dirty, as by dragging in mud and water; wet and befoul: as, to drabble a gown or a cloak.
- To fish for barbels with a rod and a long line passed through a piece of lead.
- n. Ragged and dirty people collectively; rabble.
- v. transitive To wet or dirty, especially by dragging through mud.
- v. intransitive To fish with a long line and rod.
- n. A fictional story, typically in fanfiction, that is exactly 100 words long.
- n. A fictional story, typically in fanfiction, only a few hundred words long.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To draggle; to wet and befoul by draggling; as, to
drabblea gown or cloak.
- v. To fish with a long line and rod.
- Middle English drabelan (Wiktionary)
- Middle English drabelen. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Well, if a drabble is 100 words, and a dribble is 50 words, then how about we say Hint Fiction cannot be anything more than 25 words.”
“The lovely jeprdyfrndly challenged me to write an entire one shot in drabble format.”
“A drabble is an extremely short work of fiction exactly one hundred words in length, although the term is often misused to indicate a short story of less than 1000 words.”
“A drabble is an extremely short work of fiction exactly one hundred words in length, although the term is often misused to indicate a short [...]”
“The above drabble is a sequel to my "Gonna Fly Now" drabble, which I wrote almost four years ago and is set during "Rocky II.”
“The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author’s ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.”
“A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words that is presented on Norm Sherman’s fiction podcast, The Drabblecast.”
“Each episode contains a longer piece, a 100-word drabble, and a 100-character twitterfic.”
“I have already mentioned that my 60-word drabble Among Strangers won first prize in the Sixty-Word Sagas competition at Earlyworks Press, and will be appearing in the next Earlyworks Press Anthology.”
“Summary: 100 word drabble and one part story where the Scoobies get trapped in a video game.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘drabble’.
all those wonderful Britsy words that end with a double consonant followed by 'le'
Words that have meaning (or new meaning) because of fandom.
fine find endings
Words with the letter b within the word, not just as the initial or last letter.
Hopefully, I'll be using this site for more than one year. It will be fun then to look back and see what new words I found worthy of notice in any given year.
All words spotted in 2008...
Words about literature
fanfic slang, hacker jargon, Internet memes etc. that amuse me—mainly ones I might wish to incorporate as natural in my own writing
This way lies madness.
Looking for tweets for drabble.