from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Occurring or situated outside of the walls or boundaries, as of a community: the university's extramural courses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. taking place outside the walls of an institution, especially a school or university
- adj. describing teaching of students who are not resident at such an institution
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Outside of the walls, as of a fortified or walled city.
- adj. pertaining to activities, such as sports contests, that involve representatives from more than one school.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Situated without or beyond the walls, as of a fortified city or a university; hence, outside of the fixed limits or boundaries of a place: as, extramural interment; an extramural lecturer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. carried on outside the bounds of an institution or community
Sorry, no etymologies found.