from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A startling or shocking revelation.
- n. Informal A drink of liquor taken to stimulate, especially upon awakening.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which makes the eyes open, as startling news or occurrence; something which causes one to suddenly understand what was not previously known.
- n. A drink of liquor, especially the first one in the morning.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something surprising and revealing
- n. an alcoholic drink intended to wake one up early in the morning
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.