from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A usually alcoholic drink taken just before bedtime.
- n. Sports & Games The last event in a day's competition, especially the final game in a baseball double-header.
- n. A cloth cap worn especially in bed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cap worn in bed to protect the head, or in undress.
- n. An alcoholic beverage drunk at bedtime.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A covering for the head intended to be worn in bed.
- n. A potation of spirit or wine taken before going to bed.
- n. A cap drawn over a criminal's face when he is hanged. Sometimes horse-nightcap.
- n. A bully; a night-brawler.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an alcoholic drink taken at bedtime; often alcoholic
- n. the final game of a double header
- n. a cloth cap worn in bed
night + cap (Wiktionary)