from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The globe-shaped portion of the eye surrounded by the socket and covered externally by the eyelids.
- n. The eye itself.
- transitive v. Informal To look over carefully; scrutinize.
- transitive v. Informal To measure or estimate roughly by sight: eyeballed the area of the wall that needed paint.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the ball of the eye
- v. To gauge, estimate or judge by eye; to look or glance at.
- v. To scrutinize
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The ball or globe of the eye.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The ball or globe of the eye; the globus oculi: so called from its globular or spherical shape, as in man and many other animals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye
- v. look at
From eye + ball. (Wiktionary)