from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Baseball A pitch thrown at the pitcher's maximum speed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the variations of high speed pitches thrown in baseball
- n. A four-seam fastball, which is a backspin pitch thrown with a ball gripped in the direction to cause four of the seams of the ball to cross the flight path and released with roughly equal pressure by the index and middle fingers
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a baseball thrown with maximum velocity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (baseball) a pitch thrown with maximum velocity
Sorry, no etymologies found.