from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A wealthy and highly privileged person.
- n. Slang A wealthy person who is a heavy contributor to a political campaign.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rich person who contributes to a political campaign.
- n. Any affluent person who is perceived to have profited from the labour of others.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wealthy and privileged person
The word was first used in the 1920s in the United States to describe rich political donors. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.