from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An estate in land of which the inheritor has unqualified ownership and power of disposition.
- n. Private ownership of real estate in which the owner has the right to control, use, and transfer the property at will.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The private ownership of property (real estate) in which the owner has the right to control, use and transfer the property at will.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an absolute fee; a fee without conditions or limits.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fee without limitation to any class of heirs; they can sell it or give it away
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.