from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A festival or religious holiday, especially a saint's day celebrated in Spanish-speaking countries.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A religious festival.
- n. A festive occasion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Among Spanish, a religious festival; a saint's day or holiday; also, a holiday or festivity.
- n. an organized series of acts and performances.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Spanish countries, a feast-day; a holiday.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an elaborate party (often outdoors)
Spanish, from Vulgar Latin *fēsta; see feast.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Spanish fiesta, from Latin festum ("feast"). (Wiktionary)