American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A rod of wood, steel, or fiberglass used with a line for catching fish. Also called fishing pole.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A long, slender, tapering rod, frequently jointed and elaborately made, to which is attached the line and hook used in angling.
- n. A rod, often made in sections, which carries a line used for angling and is used to support both the line and the reel and to cast the line.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. a long slender rod, to which is attached the line for angling.
- n. a rod of wood or steel or fiberglass that is used in fishing to extend the fishing line
“He clenched his fishing rod in his hand and walked up the embankment toward his house, the azaleas and four-o’clocks in his yard rippling with color in the shade.”
“Though give me the Isle of Mull any day, with just my fishing rod for company.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘fishing rod’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Looking for tweets for fishing rod.