from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A scale diagram of a room or building drawn as if seen from above.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A diagram, usually to scale, showing the layout of a building.
- n. A layout representation of where the major functional blocks of an integrated circuit will be physically placed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A horizontal section, showing the thickness of the walls and partitions, arrangement of passages, apartments, and openings at the level of any floor of a house.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In architecture, a drawing which shows the plan of one story, especially with reference to those parts which are in connection with the floor rising out of it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. scale drawing of a horizontal section through a building at a given level; contrasts with elevation
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.