from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pot in which plants are grown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A container in which plants are grown.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A vessel, commonly or earthenware, for earth in which plants are grown.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pot in which flowering plants or shrubs may be grown, generally made of burned clay, unglazed, and tapering a little toward the bottom, which is perforated with one hole or more for drainage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a container in which plants are cultivated
From flower + pot. (Wiktionary)