from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The front part of a piece of property.
- n. The land between a building and the street.
- n. Land adjacent to something, such as a building, street, or body of water.
- n. The direction in which something faces.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The front part of a property that faces the street
- n. The land between a property and the street
- n. The length of a property along a street
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The front part of an edifice or lot; extent of front.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Extent of front; the fronting part, as of a building, an inclosure, or a tract of land.
- n. That which constitutes a front; a front piece, as in a former style of female head-dress. See the extract.
- n. Land that lies along a river or creek.
- n. See + shield.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the direction in which something (such as a building) faces
- n. the face or front of a building
- n. the extent of land abutting on a street or water
Sorry, no etymologies found.