from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The foremost part or area.
- n. The position of most importance, prominence, or responsibility; the vanguard: in the forefront of the liberation movement. Also called foreground.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The leading position or edge; the most advanced or newest thing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Foremost part or place.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The foremost part or place: as; the forefront of a building, or of a, battle.
- n. The forehead.
- To build or add a forefront to.
- In front.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the part in the front or nearest the viewer
- n. the position of greatest importance or advancement; the leading position in any movement or field
From fore- + front. (Wiktionary)