from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A shallow, long-handled pan used for frying food. Also called skillet; also called regionally fry pan, spider.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A long-handled, shallow pan used for frying food.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an iron pan with a long handle, used for frying meat, vegetables, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shallow pan, commonly of iron, with a long handle, used for frying meat and vegetables.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pan used for frying foods
frying + pan (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.