from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sportive; lively; joyful.
- adj. Of or pertaining to game.
- adv. Gaily; joyfully.
- adv. In a game or plucky manner; in a willing and spirited fashion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a plucky manner; spiritedly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sportive; lively; joyful.
- Gaily; joyfully.
- In a game or plucky manner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a plucky manner
From Middle English gamelich, from Old English gamelīc, gamenlīc ("belonging to games, sportive, theatrical, ridiculous"), equivalent to game + -ly. Cognate with Middle High German gāmelich, gemelich ("joyful"). (Wiktionary)