from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. That is to say; specifically.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Especially, above all.
- adv. Specifically; that is to say
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. By name; by particular mention; specifically; especially; expressly.
- adv. That is to say; to wit; videlicet; -- introducing a particular or specific designation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Expressly; especially; in particular.
- To wit; that is to say; videlicet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. as follows
From name + -ly. (Wiktionary)